Advent has officially begun and whilst a lot of the focus is on Advent calendars, you can’t forget about Advent candles. I always had one as a child but because I don’t own a candle holder I haven’t bought one for a few years. This year though, I saw an Instagram of someone’s Advent candle surrounded by foliage and being used like a table centrepiece and I decided that I had to give it a go! It was really easy to make and really effective so I thought I’d share it with you.
What you need:
- Advent candle
- Cake board/a plate covered in foil (!)
- Foliage (in particular, holly and ivy)
What to do:
- Place the oasis on your board or plate
- Put the candle in the middle
- Get creative! Push the foliage into the oasis, making sure you hide all the oasis
Although Advent has started it’s not too late to jazz up your candle!